Wednesday, September 2, 2009

BLOG 2! American icon ideas!


Ryan Hall: In my opinion Ryan Hall is one of the best runners I know. I ran on the Patrick Henry Cross Country team for 3 years now. When I went to Big Bear training camp in my Sophomore year, I was running in a program called "run a millon miles for Ryan Hall." That was one of the best running experiences of my life. Running has always been a big part of my life and has been Ryan's main purpose too.

I actually got to meet Ryan Hall when he came to a protest I was involved in called "The Rescue," which supports children in Africa who have been illigaly taken from their home. When I met him he gave me some really helpful hints to improve my running. He has inspired me to be the best runner I can be. He has also inspired the varsity boy's cross coutry team at Patrick Henry to be one of the top 10 teams in America.


Meghan: I met my best friend Meghan in 9th grade, my Freshman year. We did not have any classes together and only saw each other during lunch but still we became really close. Now my 11th grade year, we are still best friends.

She is one of the few people that I really respect and love with all my heart. I would do anything for her. She has shaped me by always being there for me and helping me with anything, whether it be memorizing vocabulary for a test or writing an essay. I know she will always be there when I need someone. Meghan has always brought out the best in me and I in her. When I moved schools she was the one who I stayed really close to. I know I can always lean on her.

Beatles: The Beatles have always amazed me with their music. They originated in Liverpool, England in 1960. The Beatles became one of the most commercially successful bands in the history of popular music. The band consisted of John Lennon (rhythm guitar, vocals), Paul McCartney (bass guitar, vocals, piano), George Harrison (lead guitar, vocals) and Ringo Starr (drums, vocals).

The Beatles have inspired people all over the world, but the person who affected them the most was Elvis Presley. He played a major role in the music that Paul McCartney wrote.

"It was Elvis who really got me buying records. I thought that early stuff of his was great. The Bill Haley era passed me by, in a way. When his records came on the wireless, my mother used to hear them, but they didn’t do anything for me. It was Elvis who got me hooked on beat music. When I heard 'Heartbreak Hotel', I thought ‘this is it’ and I started to grow sideboards and all that gear." -Paul McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment